Friday, December 20, 2013

'Tis the Season of Play

Christmas poetry reading makes my daughter sit, relax and snooze.
This book is a combination of timeless poem, carols and stories.
Since the contents are written in 19th to early 20th century, it is refreshing how simple Christmas was being celebrated, family singing and gathering at dinner table, not the commercial jungle we are having now.
Though I would say I am not the best to sing the songs, my voice is still music to my daughter's ears. (Oh what delight!) so we sing with all our might, haha.


To relate to some stories, we wanted an experience of making a snowman. Since we are in a tropical country, we made our own out of clay. Add a spark of imagination, and a happy cheer, viola ,we have another Christmas moment with our child!






No comments:

Post a Comment