I have attended a workshop that has given valuable information to effectively listen, understand and impart our message effectively.
These are elaborately discussed but here are the key points:
- Start with calmness & intention- be thankful, pray for patience & polish self-confidence
- When patience runs low : Pause, straighten your body & breathe, speak softly & sweetly, try to find your quiet place and meditate
- Personality Profile, identify oneself and children, and you will understand one's behavior. (In the workshop, we were grouped and had questionnaires to assess ourselves and our kids)
- Task Oriented, Leaders- agree & explain how to get the task done
- Organized, Logical Thinking- discuss the process of things
- Playful & Social Leaders - approach in a playful manner
- Kind presence , a mediator - a sweet & gentle approach
- Understand yourself and the Child's Modality, approach with words and actions
- Visual - 'As you can see', 'Please look'
- Auditory - 'As you can hear', 'Please listen'
- Kinesthetic - sensitive with feelings, ' Can you feel;' or relate with emotion
- Elements in Communication : Clear + Congruent + Pro-Active
- state your purpose, say what you want your child to do , not what NOT to do, don't say DON'T
- Words to Remember
- Yes + And + Because