Sunday, September 20, 2015

Adult Coloring Book Craze

Everywhere I look I see adult coloring books, several themes to choose from, different bindings and paper type. You'll get lost among the chaos of what is supposed to be a relaxing activity.
A recent book launch by Jomike Tejido has caught my eye. He has diverse works ranging from Banig Painting to Children's Books.


Illustrated are select works from his eight years of painting.


What is interesting is that it is Filipino in character, you see Bahay Kubo (Nipa Hut), Maya (common bird found in the Philippines), Ibong Adarna (a mythical bird from Filipino Folktale), Vinta (colorful sailboats) , Butanding (Whale shark) and many more.


Here are our first try, my daughter and my work on the left, my daughter's solo work on their right. We used color pencil as our medium.


Shown above are postcards of some of his works. We got this freebie during the book launch.
We were lucky to have our copy signed.

I am posting some clips from the book, no copyright infringement intended.
All my reviews and selections are based on my honest opinion and is not sponsored in any manner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment