1. Books: Under the Rainbow, St Patrick
2. Geography and Reading Preparation
Locate Ireland in the Map.
Make a game identifying all words that starts with sh
3. Botany & Bible:
Talk about shamrock and its meaning.
2. Art: Color Sequence of a Rainbow
The Song Colors of the Rainbow as sung at Kindermusik class helped a lot in remembering the sequence.
We coupled it with activities and painting.
3. Language: Rainbows around the World:
Colors in English,Tagalog and how often Spanish words are used in the Philippines (a short introduction to Spanish influence to the Philippines) and Chinese
Red - Pula- 红色
Green -Luntian (berde) - Spanish Verde - 綠色
and so on
4. Music: Classifying High and Low
- Visual thru pictures (pointing and looking for objects), High and Low
- Kinesthetic thru movement and dance
- Auditory thru singing the high note and low note, play the high low note in the piano
5. Musical Term: Glissando
-Visual thru the logo
-Kinesthetic thru waving the scarves in an arclike movement
-Auditory thru playing the slide whistle
6. Dress Up
7. Do an Irish Jig
Put a clacker (bottle cap/coin) at the bottom of our shoes and followed the dance step.
In the end we found the pot of gold, and ate them all up!